Source: Traditional Norwegian Kveik brewers.
The new De Lacto Standard! Our first official Lactobacillus culture, and it’s a beast. We’ve tested countless LAB cultures over the years, and this blend of Lactobacillus plantarum is the most brutally effective Lactic Acid producer we’ve found!
If you’re looking to drop the pH of wort as quickly and low as possible, Sour Weapon L is your go to Lacto blend. At 98F, we’ve had trial batches drop the pH of wort to 3.0 after just 24 hours. When pitched at 84F, pH should reach 3.5 in 24 hours.
This is the ideal bacteria blend to use for acidifying wort for quick/kettle sours, and is also very effective when co-pitched with a yeast strain. As with any Lactobacillus culture, we do not recommend using in worts with 10 or more IBUs as that will prevent significant souring.
- Type: Lactic Acid Bacteria. Wild Lactobacillus plantarum.
- Pitching Rate: Directly pitchable into 5 gallons of 1.050 or lower wort
- Estimated Attenuation: N/A
- Estimated Final pH: 3.0-3.5
- Flavor/Aroma Profile: Lactic Acid Sourness
- Flocculation: Low
- Recommended Quick Souring Temperature: 84-98ºF