Source: A unique blend of previously unavailable commercially used Saison cultures.
Saison Parfait™ is our New World Saison Blend, a new take on the modern saison yeast flavor and aroma profile.
Saison Parfait™ pairs classic pepper & spice saison phenolics with prominent juicy fruit esters that evoke citrus and lemon peel, and a touch of banana for complexity. Even more unique, it finishes with a balanced, full-bodied and silky mouthfeel despite its high attenuation.
Saison Parfait™ means the “Perfect Season”, and is our ode to the fall harvest season. A time for hard work and also celebration. The peasants of rural Flanders and Wallonia created the Saison, and what we now call Farmhouse beers, to drink for sustenance and merriment. Bruegel likely depicted the drinking of Saison beer in his classic paintings of rural country life, “The Harvesters” and “Peasant Wedding”.
- Type: Brewer’s Yeast. S. cerevisiae, variant
- Pitching Rate: Directly pitchable into 5 gallons of 1.050 or lower wort
- Estimated Attenuation: 90-100%
- Estimated Final pH: 4.1-4.3
- Flavor/Aroma Profile: Peppery spice, juicy citrus, hints of banana
- Flocculation: Medium to High
- Recommended Fermentation Temperature: Normal to High Ale Temperatures
* Performance information subject to change due to ongoing testing.