Source: West Flanders, Belgium brewery specializing in funky, sour, mixed-fermentation beers.
This rare, and commercially unavailable yeast isolate, produces pungent horse blanket and fresh leather aromas. Perfect for breaking out the funk in farmhouse-style beers.
Funk Weapon #1 is featured in the Trinity & Epic Brewing collaboration Wild Apple Saison, and Trinity’s Magical Brettanomyces Tour #4.
[You can’t make every style of beer with one or two strains of brewer’s yeast, so why would you only use only one or two strains for your funky beers? This is the first release in the Dusty Bottoms Collection’s ongoing Funk Weapon™ Series of unique, rare Brettanomyces and Brett-like wild yeast cultures.]
- Type: Yeast. Brettanomyces bruxellensis variant
- Pitching Rate: Directly pitchable into 5 gallons of 1.050 or lower wort
- Estimated Attenuation: 80%-95%
- Estimated Final pH: 3.9-4.4
- Flavor/Aroma Profile: Horse Blanket, Fresh Leather
- Flocculation: Low to Medium
- Recommended Fermentation Temperature: Normal Ale Temperatures
* Performance information subject to change due to ongoing testing.