Source: Isolated yeast from a Hornindal mixed culture
The perfect yeast for homebrewers with no temperature control! Use AURORA for worry-free fermentations. Just pitch it and ditch it!
AURORA creates pleasant orange and citrus esters that perfectly compliment beers like IPAs made with fruit-forward hops.
Easily produce rounded, complex beers at temperatures as high as 98F (37C) without being phenolic or having noticeable off flavors. At the high end of fermentation temperature, beers can finish attenuating in as little as three days!
- Type: Brewer’s Yeast. Saccharomyces cerevisiae monoculture
- Pitching Rate: Directly pitchable into 5 gallons of 1.050 or lower wort
- Estimated Attenuation: 76-86%; attenuation will increase with higher fermentation temps or with successive repitches
- Estimated Final pH: 4.3-4.6
- Flavor/Aroma Profile: Subtle Orange & Citrus Zest
- Flocculation: Medium
- Recommended Fermentation Temperature: 75F-98F (24C-37C); colder temperatures may result in higher final gravities
* Performance information subject to change due to ongoing testing